Hey gang. Louie from Beauty Love Truth Headquarters here with a new, regular BLT feature: Get to Know Your Cast. Over the next few days, get ready to hear some excellent answers to questions posed to the cast for our upcoming show! You can see these splendid folks improvise on June 28th, 8PM at The PIT (123 E24th St), inspired by our musical guests Amazing Jellies. Get your tickets here!
First up, BLT newcomer Lauren Ashley Smith drops us some knowledge:
3 things you have done, invented and/or thought!
1. When I was 15, I ziplined through the rain forest in Costa Rica. That was pretty rad.
2. For the past few years, I’ve written some pretty involved recaps of the trainwreckiest show on television, “Teen Mom.”
3. Everyone deserves to be treated with fairness and love. Everyone. This is what I think.
3 things in the future (immediate or far) that you’re looking forward to:
1. The weekend! Doesn’t matter which weekend. Any weekend will do. They are the bomb.
2. Seeing my favorite artist, Robyn, perform live again sometime soon. She is beauty, love, and truth rolled into one platinum blonde pop star.
3. What is this, a trick question? The Beauty Love Truth show, of course!!
What springs to mind when you hear:
1. BEAUTY! My grandparents. They’re in their 80s, have been married for 56 years, and met during the Montgomery Bus Boycott. They are two of the coolest people on planet earth. Their love for family and each other and their service to the community is beautiful.
2. LOVE! My puppy, Jelly!! He loves life and the world with no filter or bias. It’s amazing to wake up to every morning.
3. TRUTH! Love. You can’t have real love without total truth.
Tomorrow: Birch Harms.